Sunday, December 12, 2010

Advocacy Project: Waste-to-Energy Crossword Puzzle



Waste-to-Energy Crossword Puzzle

Purpose:
The purpose of this activity is to educate people about different types of waste-to-energy facilities and how they work. Waste-to-energy facilities are a very positive alternative to producing energy and also helps reduce landfill waste. These facilities are a great way to reduce our impact that the United States has on the environment and a great way to take a step in the right direction to getting back on the right track.

I decided to make a crossword puzzle for my fun way to teach everyone about waste-to-energy facilities. We did this in high school a lot and I figured this would be something different that might be fun, yet still easy to keep everyone's attention.

Here are a few sources I used (hint* these will help you a LOT when it comes to the crossword!!):
  1. Cost Effective Waste to Energy Technologies
  2. Waste-to-Energy Facilities by State
  3. Waste-to-Energy Facilities
Instructions:
To see the crossword puzzle I have created click the link I have provided above. Reach each question carefully and answer them to the best of your ability. Like I said earlier each answer should come from one of the three sources I have provided above. To check your answers click "Answer Key". Hopefully, you guys find this fun and easy enough and learn something along the way! Have fun :)

5 comments:

  1. This is a very creative and fun way to learn about the different types of waste to energy! Were learning about these interesting topics and its good to be able to gain knowledge of them in create non traditional ways. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crossword puzzles! Let's see if all these classes we've had stuck with us...definitely a fun little activity to test our knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crossword puzzles! This was a cool way to "test" our knowledge about the topic of waste to energy. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea!!! It makes it challenging but fun. There was a lot of new vocabulary that I learned on your topic so it was kind of difficult for me, but it was rewarding when I got the right answer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea too! It makes learning a new topic a lot more fun, especially when a lot of it is vocabulary! I'm excited to see how I do :)

    ReplyDelete